Original Air date: February 22nd, 2021
Caption: Matt gets corrected by his dad about the Springsteen DWI case. Paul wonder's if people are still "laptopping it"? Scoop Mail, Jock Vs Nerd. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Running time: 1:51
Recording location: The Churn version 7
Matt calls his father, Public Defender Dave Donnelly, about what he got wrong with the Springsteen case summary. He mocks Matt for his treatment of Bruce and Sandy Hook and clarifies the case defending the police officer that arrested him. Jacob posits that the 45 steps he took was a signal to the Proud Boys.
Matt compares the stop of Bruce to the stories that Penn tells.
Jacob tells a story about getting pulled over and breathalyzed in Illinois. Paul tells a story about getting pulled over and the officer thought that Paul was on something; he was just himself.
A Fake Commercial for Pit Stop, the Uber of armpit showing services.
The hosts talk about Jeffrey Toobin. Paul indicates that he has to woo himself.
Matt calls for a Vegas Parking and Weather jingle play and talks about the morning email that he gets from the Las Vegas Review Journal. They talk about the Las Vegas Golden Knights using shiny gold helmets.
The hosts talk about other uniforms. They talk about Miami teams. Paul proposes any new sports team from Miami should be the "Abandoned Malls."
The hosts talk about the closing of The People's Improv Theater in New York City. They discuss the prospects of Improv after the pandemic.
The hosts talk about wanting to go to a concert, converting a friend to Bruce Springsteen, and confronting Penn about his least favorite Bob Dylan art. Paul talks about formerly being a fan of Marylin Manson. The hosts talk about the difficulty in separating the artist from the art.
A Fake Commercial for Hit Me Jimmy, a masochist doll.
Paul talks about watching Barb and Star go to Del Mar. Matt talks about how Kristin Wig and Melissa McCarthy were on an episode of SNL together as one of his favorites. Paul has a hard time summarizing the documentary Lady and the Dale.
- Frozen 49th Scoop sends in some Valentine's cards.
- Swiftest Scoop in the West sends in some stories about taking care of Moxy Fox's bottom transition surgery.
- Hatchett Scoop clarifies his previous story about his poly relationships and has a runnade story.
Jock vs. Nerd
The explosion theme is played. WindwalkerScoop23 sends in a Scoopardy.
Characters and Bits
- One Bourbon, One Shot, One Beer takes took long for a good payoff.
- If you don't marry the girl that opens your valve, what are you doing?
- I got in a wreck on the shoulder and it killed my libido. - Paul
- The hosts learn about the phrase "the rabbit died" as an arcane term for a positive pregnancy test
- I didn't fuck my rabbit to death
- Hat Pigeon, check it and see.
- Paul references the songs from the Rankin/Bass Hobbit cartoon.
- The Thanks are read in the style of a confused Italian Indian.