Episode Art by twitter user slakingfool
Original Air date: April 1st, 2020
Caption: Hey Scoops, 7 years ago today, on Penn's Sunday School, Matt asked to the world to check out a new podcast called Matt and Mattingly's Ice Cream Social. There, he asked his comedy partner Paul about growing up the son of a former priest and nun as parents and the rest is history. Adopting "preaching fun" as slogan akin to PSS's "preaching love", we felt that people don't always need reminding of the world's stresses and pressures. Our goal was to give people a time out from their regular lives and feel like they were joking around with friends. Now here we are in the craziest of circumstances across the globe and more than ever, we give you credit for feeling the weight of this all in your own personal ways. Now more than ever, we feel like we should offer silly in the face of serious. Thank you all so much for making this community so beautiful and being a source of light to the three of us. FYITFMatt, Paul and Jacob
Running time: 1:31
Recording location: The Churn version 7
Matt and Paul talk about their friends having an urge to perform that they don't share.
Jacob indicates that he would play Snowman in a HeyScoops version of Smokey and the Bandit. Paul would play the basset hound.
A Fake Commercial for Frozen Strawberry Ass
Paul went to Walmart and kisses the handle of the shopping cart. They follow this with going to Dutch Brother's coffee.
A Fake Commercial for TruckVoyer.com.
People using caffeine as a pre-nap stimulant so that the caffeine is in effect after they wake up. Paul sings a song to the tun of the "Final Countdown" that just recaps the story (Episode title reference)
- Max the Ginger Scoop talks about being Jabuti.
- The Notorious B.I.G. Scoop talks about his new working from home setup.
- Carson writes in about his kid losing out on graduation.
- Scoops go Crazy, Scoops go Nuts AKA Big Sexy writes in about binging past episodes.
Jock vs. Nerd
Jacob sings the song for the final recap in place of the theme. Digeree Douche sends in a Scoopardy of who said it.
Characters and Bits
- Dove Unsoft - a competitor to Nestle Crunch
- Bob Dinero's Yackadoodle with guest host Martin Scorsese. Enter code AREYOUTALKINTOME at checkout.
- Role Playing for your own masturbation.
- The final Recap about getting take-out from Cracker Barrel
- Jacob doesn't know what a Rancor is and Matt knows what a Sarlac is because of an Improv partner that would make her belly into a sarlac pit.
- Matt and Jacob have not seen Copperfield. Paul wants to see the Pirate boat show restored into the CVS show.
- Paul had to clarify that a shopping cart was the same as a buggy to his wife.
- I'm a terrible Guy (tune of I believe I can fly).